[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 13:32:53 UTC 2010

On 17 July 2010 14:13, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what's so unreasonable about including an image of an art
> work in the article about it. I would not be against the use of the
> goatse.cx image in that article, although we'd have to make sure to
> not allow it to be used outside of that page (to prevent vandalism).

Indeed. The main reason it's not there (on the restricted list for the
reason you describe) is its unknown copyright status. (It's widely
used by people, but Wikimedia demands rather more.) We could arguably
make it fair use, as the most famous shock image, but for some reason
no-one can really be bothered to push it through ...

- d.