[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 11:22:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM,  <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > ... I know an artist friend of
> > mine draw a number of Ronald Reagun sucking a horses dick and shitting
> > nuclear missiles. Perhaps I'll take some scans and add them to:
> >
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan
>
> Yes, indeed.
>
> What is wrong with using photographs of Baby Jesus Butt Plugs to
> illustrate the article on Jesus? Answer that question and you'll know why
> offensive images of Muhammad are not a good idea. The thing is, we're
> saying, "Hey, come off of it, no real harm is done is there are images of
> Muhammad" Why doesn't the same reasoning apply to the butt plugs? No real
> harm would be done. Or would there?

Fred, how about you write an article about Baby Jesus Butt Plugs, and
then you can try to justify the importance of including images of them
in the article about Jesus.

If you haven't noticed, the images of Muhammad on the core articles
relating to Islam are not created by someone who had a bit too much
free time on their hands.  The images of Muhammad that we use are
images of an object which is held in a university library or museum,
_because_they_are_important_.

--
John Vandenberg