[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sat Jul 17 00:39:45 UTC 2010

> So, to get back to the original question: Is it or is it not
> acceptable to you that the community of one Wikipedia decides that
> certain pictures will not be shown on their wiki? And is it or is it
> not acceptable that they use the morality of the nationality or other
> group that most of them belong to in doing so?
>
> --
> André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com

First: There are no authentic images of Mohammad extant.

Second: You know millions of Muslims find images of Mohammad extremely
offensive.

So we are talking about whether it is OK to exclude offensive nonsenses,
not about excluding valid information. And yeh, God said not to display
false images. In what way does that commandment differ from
Wikipedia:Reliable sources? Is it wrong because God said it? You would be
all over them if they had articles that said New York City was in Finland
but you seem to have no problem with images of a man whose appearance is
unknown, and unknowable.

Fred Bauder