[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 18:07:24 UTC 2010

On 16 July 2010 18:25, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, that's completely incorrect. Wikipedias are per language, not per
> country, and no country owns the wiki in its language. Neutral point
> of view is not local point of view.

The problem is not the country in this case but the ethnic group. It
is unlikely that they would ever write an article on Muhammad that
contained pics but I don't feel this presents a problem. That does not
challenge NPOV. Subjects such as Israel, pigs and what do do about
PBUH are likely to present a greater challange. However is is a common
problem with most small language wikipedias since they tend to by tied
to a single culture or geographic area.  I suspect KW and CY have
issues although probably not to the same extent.

--
geni