[Foundation-l] Privacy etc - merging data

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Jul 16 12:00:27 UTC 2010

I am assuming that people will be warned and asked for permission in advance
to combine these databases? I for one would definitely have strong
objections against merging donation and edit data. Donations are real life,
edits are wikipedia-universe. Although I do realize that it is much more
convenient for staff to have this data combined, I find this objectionable
from the privacy point of view. (putting this in a new thread to seperate
discussions a bit) I am not sure of legal requirements in this field in the
US - but I hope Wikipedia will always adhere to also for example European
principles in this regard whether it is maybe or maybe not legally obliged
to.

Best,

Lodewijk