[Foundation-l] Money, politics and corruption

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:58:23 UTC 2010

Hoi,
The fact that a person that I am completely positive about can lose an
election means that nothing is a given. Our community is able and willing to
make choices. Choices that have a perfect gentleman being replaced by a
perfect lady.

As to Essjay, when it became clear that his credibility was lost, he moved
away / his continued presence became untenable. This was a sad afair on many
levels, but it also showed that such things happen and that appropriate
results were the consequence.

When we learn that certain people, certain practices are damaging our
community, our movement I am consequently sanguine that measures will be
either silently or openly be taken. It is my hope that we will be both clear
and resolute while not losing our compassion at the same time.
Thanks,
       GerardM