[Foundation-l] Ongoing FUD campaign against Wikipedia in Serbian

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 08:23:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:38 AM, Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.rs> wrote:

> Maybe, but imagine what these articles would look like:
>
> Foo Foundation is an NGO notable for legal threats, court actions and
> press campaigns about deletion of their Wikipedia article. They also
> organized some event once.

Aye if them making a fuss proves their notability then yea it does beg for
an article that they wouldn't really like :) though it may also just hit
against a local variety of the 1Event rule. I'm not sure I would say that
someone starting the threats/campaign proves they are notable (unless of
course it becomes a "big deal" in the community) but when someone
sues/threatens/campaigns against YOU (or WP in this case) it does say
something about the accusers thoughts about the accused's notability or
power.

James Alexander
james.alexander at rochester.edu
jamesofur at gmail.com