[Foundation-l] 2010-11 Annual Plan Now Posted to FoundationWebsite

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 08:58:08 UTC 2010

Hoi,
One of the reasons, for many the only reason for giving a\t the annual
fundraising drive is exactly to provide money to maintain our
infrastructure. Take that away and you take away the reason to give. Once
people get it in their mind that we have reserves to pay for our
infrastructure, they will remember this and not support us for our other
goals.

In my honest opinion, building an endowment as suggested will be a mistake
that we will regret. When the giving sentiment turns against us it will be
next to impossible to change it again. If you seek assurances, there are
other methods that will not be damaging in this way.
Thanks,
       GerardM