[Foundation-l] 2010-11 Annual Plan Now Posted to FoundationWebsite

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:54:24 UTC 2010

On 3 July 2010 17:35, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> David Gerard writes:

>> http://davidgerard.co.uk/notes/2007/04/10/disaster-recovery-planning/
>> Can we reasonably say that everything else on the list there is a
>> solved problem we don't have to worry about?

> I wonder how robustly the user database is backed up / whether it's in
> multiple data centers.

Talking to Danese yesterday, she is keenly aware of this stuff and how
the Tampa data centre is one hurricane away from disappearing! Hence
plans for a redundant data centre in Virginia, etc.

>  You're right that our role as
> identity-verifier for our millions of users is important.

That's getting into more esoteric threat models, e.g. protecting
reusers from an insane contributor, or protecting contributors from a
malicious reuser. But the data we hold but don't put into the public
dumps is really very important stuff.

- d.