[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Neil Kandalgaonkar as Software Developer for Ford Multimedia Usability Project

Naoko Komura nkomura at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 27 02:14:15 UTC 2010

It is my pleasure to announce that the usability team has a new member.  Neil Kandalgaonkar joined the team as a software developer for the Ford multi-media usability project.  Neil brings in the breadth of experience in software engineering from major social networking web sites such as Flickr and Upcoming.org.  Neil oversaw improving payment system and
performance of FlickrMail interface at Flickr, integrated Upcoming.org into Yahoo properties and helped expand the team.  Prior to Yahoo!, Neil was with Google and his main responsibility was to enable Google Checkout system for non-US markets.  Neil holds Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies from Concordia University, in Montreal, Canada.

Neil will work closely with Guillaume Paumier, who manages the product side of the project, and also Michael Dale who have been developing a ton of multi-media support software and tools already.

I just posted the work in progress of the multi-media usability project for those who are curious about the development of the multi-media usability project.
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2010/01/26/multimedia-usability-project-underway/

Please join me welcoming, Neil.

Naoko Komura
Program Manager