[Foundation-l] Where do our readers come from? Q&A

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.rs
Sat Jan 16 11:25:58 UTC 2010

Дана Saturday 16 January 2010 10:40:06 Mark Williamson написа:
> It is not surprising to me that the English Wikipedia is so popular
> compared to any other in Kenya, but it is quite a bit more surprising that
> Korean, Romanian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Iranian, etc. users prefer the
> English Wikipedia.

I don't think that they would prefer it, it's just that it covers much more
topics, and generally covers the topics in much more depth.

I believe that I am fairly fluent in English, and yet I prefer to read Serbian
Wikipedia, if I know that the topic is covered there and the article is
better than the English one.

Next thing to do: Wikipedia Page Views By Country - Breakdown Adjusted by
Wikipedia Size. Erik, are you planning to do this one as well? :D