[Foundation-l] Where do our readers come from? Q&A

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 16 09:25:47 UTC 2010

Dear Erik,

Maybe there is a dirty Polish word looked up by many Polish pupils,
and when they Google it they come to eu.WP because a Basque word
accidentally is alike? :-)

I am looking now for the interest in the native / the English
Wikipedia in specific countries. It might be important how localized
the software in general is. If you live in, say, Kenya, and your
computer has Windows in English, the Internet Explorer and everything
is oriented to English, and you google your home town in an English
language Google, it is probable that you will get the Wikipedia
article in English and not in Swahili.

Kind regards
Ziko

Ziko van Dijk