[Foundation-l] Where do our readers come from? Q&A

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 23:27:04 UTC 2010

2010/1/15 Erik Zachte <erikzachte na infodisiac.com>:
> Very interesting observation! So people from Sierra Leone try
> 'sl.wikipedia.org'.
> Why people from Surinam go to 'sr.wikimedia.org' is only slightly less
> obvious to me, but apparently is happens

Well, Suriname’s TLD is .sr, so it is quite obvious, isn’t it? The
same frequent mistake is also the reason there is a redirection
cz.wikipedia.org → cs.wikipedia.org (Czech language is “cs” according
to ISO 639-1, but Czech Republic’s TLD is “.cz” according to ISO
3166-1).

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]