[Foundation-l] Statistics and chapters: searching for chapters

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.rs
Fri Jan 15 12:29:58 UTC 2010

Milos Rancic wrote:
> Countries are listed from the most number of Internet users to the
> least number of Internet users (with some groupings). If you are

Shouldn't the idea be to try to support creation of chapters in
countries with the most users but the smallest activity? These would be,
in order: China, Iran, Nigeria, Sudan, Syria, Uganda, Uzbekistan,
Zimbabwe, Haiti , Zambia, Tajikistan, South Korea, Vietnam, Pakistan,
Egypt etc. We don't need a chapter in Uruguay where Wikipedia is already
more popular than in Germany.

(Just to clarify, if some people from Uruguay decide to form a chapter,
of course that should be accepted; but a chapter in China, Iran or
Nigeria is something the Foundation might well spend money and dedicate
people to actively build.)