[Foundation-l] Sex-related content improvement

Jiří Hofman hofmanj at aldebaran.cz
Thu Jan 14 19:01:03 UTC 2010

> 2010/1/14 Jiří Hofman <hofmanj at aldebaran.cz>:
> > It is clear that much of sex-related multimedia stored in our project is of a very low quality, not meeting our requirements and needs. Often, it doesn't provide what we are looking for - high quality information.
>
> That isn't clear to me. Could you elaborate?

Originally, I was pretty angry with a mail by David Goodman. The video, he linked to, is a disgusting manipulation. I went through images listed as sources for the video. And I had to admit that at least some of those should not be a part of our projects. Not because they are depicting sex-related things and activities but because they are of quality which is would be unacceptable in many other fields.

Just go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_intercourse . You will see there is no really high quality image of human sexual intercourse. Strange for an encyclopedy which wants to be the best in the world. Or go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sex_positions , one of the most viewed pages of English Wikipedia. Do you think the images there are of excellent quality? I don't.

Jiri