[Foundation-l] Where do our readers come from?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Jan 14 14:49:32 UTC 2010

2010/1/14 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.rs>:
> Nikola Smolenski wrote:
>> In Page Views Per Wikipedia Language - Breakdown I also notice something
>> that should affect chapter relations: there are some Wikipedias which
>
> Also, any ideas why is Commons so popular in Spain and Latin America?

Some Wikipedias - the ones which insist on only-free-images - do not
use local uploads at all, and instead direct everyone to Commons. Both
es.wikipedia and pt.wikipedia work this way, so they'll send a lot
more of their users to Commons than a project which uses local image
uploads.

As a result, I suspect you'll find that traffic to Commons increases
proportionately with traffic to Spanish/Portuguese Wikipedia usage.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk