[Foundation-l] Where do our readers come from?

Waerth waerth at asianet.co.th
Thu Jan 14 10:14:28 UTC 2010

Hmmmm what saddens me is that such a low percentage use the Thai
wikipedia in Thailand instead of the English one.

Having lived in Thailand for over 10 years now my estimation is that
only 10% of the populous would speak English good enough to be able to
read English wikipedia articles at least partially. And this is the part
of the population with the best education. This would mean that
unfortunately Wikipedia doesn't reach the part of the population it is
meant for. The part whom have less access to education.

Waerth/Walter