[Foundation-l] The next Wikipedia Academy? (2)

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 02:42:27 UTC 2010

Is anyone working on another Wikipedia Academy, following on the
success of the NIH one in July?

Recalling from the Signpost:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2009-07-27/Wikipedia_Academy

--- Wedemeyer commented how important it was that the organizers
maintain connections with the participants afterwards, to encourage
the NIH to make a real commitment to Wikipedia. The organizers also
look forward to more such endeavors. Broughton suggested that the
"Foundation should try to do lots and lots of these. We could
justifiably have an Academy at every major university and college in
the world." However, as Wedemeyer emphasized in an interview for this
story, it will, more than likely, be the volunteer organizers who make
this happen rather than the Foundation. As he wrote, "based on the
experience of this Academy, they don't seem ready to run such
workshops themselves at present." ---

Have the connections with participants afterwards been maintained?
And, I'm curious to know why Wedemeyer felt that the Foundation
doesn't "seem ready" to run such workshops.  What is that all about?

Gregory Kohs