[Foundation-l] Right to left support for Mobile MediaWiki

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:42:16 UTC 2010

Hoi,
I am really happy to have learned that mobile support for Right To Left
languages, think Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Hebrew has been implemented. When
people start to find their way to their Wikipedia on their mobile, we stand
to gain many readers.

Did you know:

   - That it takes only 25 messages to localise the Mobile interface in your
   language completely
   - That this software is written in Ruby
   - That hcatlin and thedj are doing much of the work on this software
   - That the mobile interface can be found at http://xx.m.wikipedia.org (xx
   is your language code)
   - That we need a main page for mobile Wikipedia
   - That for Mobile Wiktionary still points to Wikipedia

As always, we need your help to help people find their way to Wikipedia it
does not take much to improve things for the mobile..
Thanks,
     GerardM

PS languages like Malayalam, Swahili and Bengali shine with their newly
localised interface