[Foundation-l] Brion Vibber delete mo. as promised ! Please wake up

Svip svippy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 21:07:25 UTC 2010

On 21 February 2010 18:42, Cetateanu Moldovanu <cetateanumd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed Nov 26 01:04:12 UTC 2008 a strategy about subdomains rename was made
> public
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2008-November/047554.html
> But to my regret, nothing happened until now, I want to reiterate how *
> IMPORTANT that you rename that mo.wikipedia.org -> mo-cyrl.wikipedia.org
> domain.*
>
> Dozens of messages, promises, and NO SINGLE REAL ACTION ?!
>
> With all due respect, why is it taking some much freaking time to redirect
> everything to a new freaking subdomain ? Thank you for your answer.

According to the mail you linked to, the ISO codes have changed, so
just use ro.wikipedia.org instead.

Even the Moldovian Wikipedia states itself on the top:

Dacă preferaţi să vizualizaţi Wikipedia în alfabetul latin, alfabetul
oficial al Republicii Moldova, vizitaţi Wikipedia în Română.
This wiki has been locked (see discussion). To contribute to a future
wiki, see the Wikimedia Incubator project.

I assume you are aware of the discussion taking place in 2006:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_closing_projects/Closure_of_Moldovan_Wikipedia

Moving it to mo-cyrl won't really do much different.  It will only
break links.  I doubt anything is going to be on mo.wikipedia.org
instead.

So I think the answer to your question is; Nobody cares.