[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Please HELP save Wikipedia history ! (urgent)

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 23:01:13 UTC 2010

2010/2/20 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> On 20 February 2010 22:49, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Evidence? :-) Is there any formal document of Wikimedia Foundation
>> Board of Trustees which says, that logo candidates are a special case
>> for copyright issues or it is just your assumption?
>
> Why would it be a board document? Surely it would just have been said
> on the pages about the contest.

Yes.. I could buy the idea. Unfortunatelly it had not been said on the
contest page :-) The contest page does not say anything about legal
copyright issues. See:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/International_logo_contest

So, let's follow copyright paranoia for a while. What is the finall
copyright paranoia conclusion? Do we agree with the idea, that at that
time everything uploaded was under GNU FDL or not?

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/