[Foundation-l] At school

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 16:19:27 UTC 2010

William,

> Domas, I am disappointed with the frequent disrespect with which you
> treat colleagues, as exemplified by your responses here to Tyler and
> Philippe.

I respect Philippe - we had lots of great time and discussions in the past - and I hope he remembers that (including all my thoughts about the work he is doing), and doesn't think I'm in any way disrespectful! I'm sorry, if it is seen otherwise, it was supposed to be just "oh, I am snarky indeed" :)
Tyler? He deliberately separated himself from "your foundation", so I cannot call him a colleague yet!

> Sometimes I have to work very hard to see past that to the value of your
> technical contributions. And from time to time I wonder to what extent
> that value is counterbalanced by potential contributors that you drive off.

Indeed, that may be the case. I constantly feel that I'm blocking someone's wishes to make Wikipedia better :-(
I may have driven away quite a few people in the past, and I really miss them (Jeff, where are you!).

> If you are not sure how to demonstrate respect or interact politely in
> on-line forums and would like to change that, let me (or somebody) know.

Sir, I think the problem I have is that I'm not sure when to demonstrate respect and interact politely, not how. :(

> It was something a lot of us -- me certainly included -- had to learn
> consciously at one point or another, so I'm sure a lot of people could help.

I don't feel entirely doomed now, that I get community support. I will be better, I promise!

Domas

P.S. Maybe I really shouldn't send emails when severely jetlagged? ;-D