[Foundation-l] At school

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 16:11:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Tyler <programmer651 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Kids at my school are criticizing the heck out of your Foundation and will not trust Wikipedia because anyone can edit it.  If anyone can edit, then why do you exist? There could be a billion vandals.  When the old ones get banned, there could be new ones.

You've had some replies now, Tyler. I'm interested to know whether
they have persuaded you or not?

The majority of us on this list are pretty devoted to the project but
most of us realise there's a vast population we need to convince
regarding the value of Wikipedia.

Have you tried looking at Wikipedia pages on subjects you're
interested in and/or are knowledgeable about? What did you think of
the articles? Did you at least value the list of references and
external links you found?