[Foundation-l] Big problem to solve: good WYSIWYG on WMF wikis

wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 13:22:58 UTC 2010

z at mzmcbride.com wrote:
> wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk wrote:
> > z at mzmcbride.com wrote:
>
> > In comparison $14m does seem highly profligate. Our R&D budget was £10m
> > (approx $16) in 2009, spent almost entirely on software development, and =
> we
> > have over 160 software engineers working on our products. Remind me just =
> how
> > many full time developers does WMF have?
>
> These two pages should give you an approximate count:
> * http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Staff
> * http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_contractors

We make a profit on a turnover of £32m with 500+ direct employees, and a further 200 in joint oversees ventures. We have offices in most European countries, and regional centres in the US, India, China, Japan, Korea, and a team of application engineers flying the world to train, and provide expert sales support etc.

Draw your own conclusions.