[Foundation-l] Paypal removal?

Jon Davis wiki at konsoletek.com
Sat Dec 11 06:48:21 UTC 2010

Lets take a look at this really quick from a business side.  Paypal might
think there is legal risk in supporting Wikileaks.  More importantly for
them, they might get screwed monetarily (governments seize funds, etc).  As
for Amazon, the Wikileaks website was getting DDOS'd and was a thorn in
their side (And what does it really matter? How is Amazon involved with what
the foundation does?).  These are companies who are in it to make money,
they spend a fair amount of time figuring out which is worse in the grand
scheme of things...

Lest we've forgotten ... Wikileaks != Wikipedia.

-Jon
PS. Please.. lets not get into the argument of "Wikileaks: Good or Evil?".

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 21:31, Robert Tice <robtice2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suggest that use of Paypal is contraindicated due to their deliberate
> efforts to inhibit the spread of information by closing their account with
> Wikileaks.  It is inappropriate for Wiki to be associated with Paypal or
> Amazon.com.  These corporations are the opposite of what Wikipedia and
> associated entities hope to be or currently are.  Closing the account with
> Paypal will also send a message to Amazon that there are consequences to
> efforts to censor the knowledge base of humanity.
>
> Thanks for reading this.  I hope to see debate and action on this proposal.
>
> Robert T.

Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ
http://snowulf.com/