[Foundation-l] The OpenStreetMap license change will impact data imports?

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 23:14:23 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm analyzing the OSM license change [0] and the effects it will have
on data interchange between Wikipedia and OSM. At [1] they say that
there should be no change for maps, but I'm not clarified on how (and
if) will I be able to import batches of OSM data in Wikipedia after
the license change (for instance add the postal codes of all the
villages in a country to an Infobox template). Can someone clarify
this and the reverse case (import data from Wikipedia in OSM) please?

Thanks,
  Strainu

[0] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License
[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License_FAQ#How_does_this_affect_Wikipedia_and_other_projects_that_want_to_use_our_maps.3F