[Foundation-l] Wiki[p/m]edia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 16:35:07 UTC 2010

In a message dated 12/10/2010 6:52:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
zvandijk at googlemail.com writes:

> It is difficult to say how many people refuse to donate to Wikimedia
> because they want to donate to Wikipedia. People should know that you
> can't donate to a website itself but only to the institution behind
> it. You also can't sue "Ebay the website", only "Ebay the company". >>

However like all fund-accounting, you can donate to a fund set-aside
exclusively for items related to WikiPedia, and not for any other WikiMedia
activity.

I would be very surprised if a non-profit were not using fund accounting as
their accounting system.