[Foundation-l] Wiki[p/m]edia

dex2000 at pc.dk dex2000 at pc.dk
Fri Dec 10 16:25:43 UTC 2010

I was about to write a suggestion similar to the one indicated by Ziko
van Dijk. I second it and recommend that the following be given serious
consideration:

Change as soon as practically possible the naming of the Foundation to
the "Wikipedia Foundation" and the naming of the projects to Wikipedia,
Wikipedia Commons, Wikipedia Books, Wikipedia Wiktionary etc. That would
simplify matters enormously while at the same time broadening the
Wikipedia brand to all projects in a much more effective and
comprehensible way.

"We" would of course still talk internally about Commons, Wikibooks,
Wiktionary and so on for the sake of brevity.

It is never too late...

Regards,
Sir48/Thyge, da:wiki

----- Original meddelelse -----