[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Executive Director?

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 07:51:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Zack Exley <zexley at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> OK, everyone -- I learned my lesson! Thanks for teaching it.

They say you are not really part of the tech team until you have
broken the site. I guess you are not really part of the Wikimedia
community until you've got a whole thread on some Wikimedia mailing
list criticizing your actions... ;)

So...welcome to the Wikimedia community Zack! ;-)

> I was looking at it from the perspective of the reader who has never heard
> the word "Wikimedia". There are millions and millions of them. Luckily they
> simply think we are misspelling Wikipedia, and are donating anyways. We will
> continue to answer their emails alerting us to our error with patient
> explanations.

Thank you and the fundraising team for a quick reaction and thorough
explanations.

Best,

Delphine

--