[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Executive Director?

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Thu Dec 9 10:00:29 UTC 2010

ouch, this is painful. Like many chapters probably I have been trying
to explain to people the difference between Wikimedia and Wikipedia,
and that Wikipedia has no such thing as a board of editors or even a
board of directors, but that the Wikimedia Foundation has, etc - and
now we are running a page ourselves that says we /do/ have an
executive director? (giving the impression that there is actually
personnel to write the encyclopedia) I know that KISS is a good thing,
but we have always tried to make clear that wiki/p/edia is a volunteer
project, why are we loosing that now?

I hope that it will be possible to make this small change from a p into an m.

Lodewijk