[Foundation-l] excluding Wikipedia clones from searching

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:58:18 UTC 2010

I thought about this more,
It would be to extract a list of all pages that are included as <ref>
in the WP. We would use this for the search engine.
we should also make sure that all referenced pages (not linked ones)
are stored in archive.org or someplace permanent.
I wonder if there is some API to extract this list easily?
mike

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM, praveenp <me.praveen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 December 2010 05:16 PM, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
>> I know that some Wikipedias customized Special:Search, adding other search
>> engines except Wikipedias built-in one. I tried to see whether any Wikipedia
>> added an ability to search using Google (or Bing, or Yahoo, or any other
>> search engine) excluding Wikipedia clones. Does anyone know whether it's
>> possible to build such a thing? And maybe it already exists and i didn't
>> search well enough?
>>
> http://ml.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch
>
> not excluding other sites, but only including results from
> ml.wikipedia.org using site:ml.wikipedia.org in query

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania
flossk.org flossal.org