[Foundation-l] Brazilian Portuguese Wikipedia

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Tue Dec 7 21:59:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 21:46:48 +0000, Béria Lima <berialima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since you not speak portuguese and do not know our countries (in plural
> because of Brazil / Angola / Portugal / Cape Verde / etc... ) and
culture,
> would be glad if you keep your opinion for you.
>
> The reputation of pt.wiki is our problem, and the problem of the "little
> articles" is a question who is a decision of every community to decide.
> Spanish, Italy and Russian (as far I can understand for you mail) don't
> allow that kind of article. We do. And not because of ru.wiki, we do
that
> for all our history.
>
> If that is bad or good, don't concern to you or me to judge, but to
pt.wiki
> readers and contributors
> _____

Well, not a very friendly answer. I do speak some Portuguese (not on the
level to contribute as an editor), and I have visited Portugal and Brazil a
number of times. I totally agree that it is not my business to judge what
should be kept in pt.wp (indeed, in Russian Wikipedia these articles are
eligible for speedy deletion). However I am entitled to express my opinion
that Portuguese Wikipedia is largely bot-generated. At least until pt.wp
community decides to clean it up.

Cheers
Yaroslav