[Foundation-l] Organization on Wikipedia that deals withcontent issues.

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Tue Aug 31 21:49:49 UTC 2010

Peter Damian wrote:
> You take exception, in
> a thread which is explicitly about content issues in Wikipedia, with a post
> that makes unfavourable comparison between Wikipedia and one of its
> competitors. Why is this?

The post I was responding to was nothing but an assessment of a
Citizendium article. It made no comparison, favorable or unfavorable, to
an equivalent article on Wikipedia. At most it engaged in some
speculation about what Wikipedia *might* have. If your intent is to
discuss content issues in Wikipedia, then you need to actually
explicitly discuss them. (Although I might suggest that you should
familiarize yourself with some of our other mailing lists and consider
whether another list, like wikien-l, is better suited to have this
conversation, since foundation-l exists for issues related to the
Wikimedia Foundation and the overall movement surrounding its projects,
not just Wikipedia.)

--Michael Snow