[Foundation-l] Fwd: Kafkaesque story on the English Wikipedia

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 30 02:02:59 UTC 2010

Ryan Lomonaco on behalf of KnownAs-79-181-9-231 wrote:
> I was asked to explain them, and so I
> did, in details, on the "Talk Page" affiliated with the article. This
> explanations were contested in a lengthy discussions. Some of the comments
> were good, and I addressed them.

It's kind of hard to judge the case on its merits now that Supreme
Deliciousness has made such a mess of the talk page:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Golan_Heights&diff=381223125&oldid=381222989>

and several other similar edits.

The comments from 79.181 have been removed, but the responses remain.
Presumably we're meant to guess what 79.181 said, like someone
eavesdropping on one side of a phone conversation. It seems like a
bizarre and inflammatory tactic to me, is it common practise?

-- Tim Starling