[Foundation-l] Organization on Wikipedia that deals withcontent issues.

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 29 16:18:13 UTC 2010

> It is helpful that on Wikipedia the editorial process is largely
> transparent, so the question "how did it get like this?" can actually
> be answered. Wikipedia is not reliable, but it turns out that how
> paper encyclopedias and newspapers were written was similarly
> susceptible

In the case of newspapers probably yes.  In the case of encyclopedias,
I think not.   There are severe problems with the Wikipedia coverage of
philosophy which you wouldn't find here, for instance.  And so for the
humanities generally. When I make this point on Wikipedia, the answer is
usually that Wikipedia is for pop culture, whereas encyclopedias are for
'proper culture' or 'high culture' or whatever.  I don't really understand
this
distinction.

Meanwhile, a quick test for line wrap. asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf  asdf asdf
asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf
asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf
asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf
asdf sadf sadf asdf asdf asdf sadf sadf

Peter