[Foundation-l] Why do you contribute to Wikipedia?

Lennart Guldbrandsson wikihannibal at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 14:06:41 UTC 2010

Hello,

Right now we in the Bookshelf Project are preparing a number of booklets and
brochures and you are welcome to participate in the work. We look forward to
any comments you may have to any of our deliverables:
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bookshelf_Project#Deliverables

One of the easiest pages to begin with is the one called Ten reasons to
contribute to Wikipedia (
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ten_reasons_to_contribute_to_Wikipedia_%28Bookshelf%29).
The people who are producing these materials have their reasons, but we
would like a broader sample of reasons. We would, in short, like to hear
your reason. So think for a minute about why you contribute to Wikipedia and
add your reasons to the Outreach wiki. Don't feel you have to stop when and
if we should hit ten. We can always sort out those reasons later.

The deadline for the Bookshelf deliverables is pretty short, since the
entire project ends (?) at the end of September, so please be quick.

Best wishes,

Lennart

--
Lennart Guldbrandsson, chair of Wikimedia Sverige and press contact for
Swedish Wikipedia // ordförande för Wikimedia Sverige och presskontakt för