[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Fri Aug 27 13:23:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) Eurocentrism.

[snip]

> another is originally from Europe,

The one "originally from Europe" still spent most of his life in the
Middle East which we should be applauding as a departure from the
"Eurocentrism" that you mention and not lumping it in with the others.

> should not be tolerated within an organization such
> as ours which pretends to have an international scope.

Sofixit?  Encourage people you know in our organization who are from
other areas of the world to apply to the committee.

Come to think of it, it would be a great idea for the Language
committee to reach out to Wikimedian experts from Asia/India, Africa,
and South America and get them included.  Membership drive, maybe? :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023