[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Muhammad Yahia shipmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:48:01 UTC 2010

I finally understand. User:Karen (I am assuming, based on other ppl's
remarks) opinions might affect her employment, and in an effort to conceal
her opinions, Gerard is keeping his contribution confidential. Thus
rendering it very hard for anyone to follow the threads and deduce what she
may have said. I have a question here: Why would it be one of the new
member's tasks to update the archives, when it is the explicit desire of
some of the committee members to render them as unreadable as possible to
conceal someone's opinions?

I personally don't agree with this. I believe a person with such problematic
employment situation is not a good fit for a supposedly community committee.
And even if there is a great need for this person's expertise, other
arrangements could be made so that the 95% of discussions (based on the
current participation level of that person) where he/she is not involved can
be public.

Oh and regarding:

> If this gives you the impression that there is not that much to discuss,
> you
> are completely correct.

I disagree with this statement too, I have been trying to follow what's
there from the archive and the discussions are not simple 'x: pass, y: fail'
application of a set of rules. That is based on partial conversations I can
read.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yahia