[Foundation-l] Research Committee launched

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 26 18:13:52 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce the launch of the Wikimedia Foundation
research committee, with 11 initial members. You can find more
information and bios here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research_Committee

The purpose of the committee is to help organize policies, practices
and priorities around Wikimedia-related research. Thanks to everyone
who applied to join the committee.

We're using a publicly archived mailing list as our primary means of
communication, if you're interested in following what's going on:

We'll also begin working on the pages on meta.wikimedia.org to make
them more useful, and we'll have a first IRC meeting soon.

All best,
Erik
--
Erik Möller