[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Wed Aug 25 23:39:38 UTC 2010

  An'n 26.08.2010 00:41, hett David Gerard schreven:
> On 25 August 2010 23:34, Marcus Buck<me at marcusbuck.org>  wrote:
>> Gerard Meijssen keeps his contributions to
>> the discussions secret
> Is this true? If so, what is the rationale? Described like that, that
> sounds ridiculous and unacceptable.
Well, the latest archive (June 2009) is here:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_committee/Archives/2009-06>
The other committee members' posts are shown, but Gerard's are all
replaced with: <this user has not agreed to public archival.>

Somewhere on Meta there is a discussion years ago (I cannot recall
whether I asked him or whether it was somebody else who asked) where
Gerard explains his decision. I am unable to find it (perhaps it was
removed from the public archives? ;-) ). But if I remember correctly his
answer was not that helpful. It was something along the lines of "I have
my reasons, but I cannot disclose them in public".

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox