[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Muhammad Yahia shipmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:54:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

Nearly every email posted
> to the private list is copied to the public archives, unless the
> poster asks to be excluded. Discussions are summarized, to ensure that
> censored messages don't reduce transparency.

To illustrate my point: I did try to follow the discussions for some time
when it was being archived, I had a very hard time doing that with the
'censored' messages and replies.

The following link is from the last archive out there (June 2009). It's
pretty hard (at least for me) to follow the discussion, it gets especially
hard on messages 14-16. The summary is just one line that doesn't really say
much.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_committee/Archives/2009-06#Compendium_projects

I still don't understand why would a participant in a committee in an openly
public institution like the WMF would want/be allowed to  have his input
'censored' this way. I dont see anything in there that would warrant
censorship, they are certainly not making life-or-death decisions about the
future of the world :) .

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yahia