[Foundation-l] data centralization for the benefit of small (and also bigger) projects

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:51:57 UTC 2010

http://www.mail-archive.com/foundation-l@lists.wikimedia.org/msg11368.html

> Additional question: My idea involves calling a local template from
> within the transwikied template to do the localisation. Will that be
> possible with transwiki template transclusion?

I don't think that is part of the current design.

However, the calling wiki could pass though a language code, and the
datawiki could respond with the translated result.  datawiki would
then host the translations for the keywords, which would be similar to
how Commons templates operate.  This also helps with uniformity, as
the datawiki can manage out of date translations because they are
local.  translatewiki may also have ideas for how they can help manage
the translations of these databoxen.

--
John Vandenberg