[Foundation-l] ru-Wikiversuty

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 23:27:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:

> Today, I have been blocked for half a year on ru.wikiversity by an admin,
> SergeyJ
>
> http://ru.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%9E%D0%B1%D1%81%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D1%83%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0:Yaroslav_Blanter&diff=37398&oldid=37388
>
> despite the fact that I have never edited Russian Wikiversity.

You do have several contribs on Russian Wikiversity; were those edits imported?

http://ru.wikiversity.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BB%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F:Contributions/Yaroslav_Blanter

> Is this a normal practice? I remember the story of Russian Wikisource,
> when an admin, Ramir, has been speedily desysopped by stewards for blocking
> users arbitrarily. But at least these users made some edits. I am not sure
> what should I do now since my SUL shows a block in one of the projects.

I think that was Russian Wikibooks.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Ramir_on_Russian_Wikibooks

> Note that SergeyJ has been placed by the Arbitration Committee of Russian
> Wikipedia under editing limitations for gross violations. I am currently
> serving as a member of Arbitration Committee (I was not involved in the
> decision on his editing limitations).

You should request an unblock review on your ru.wv talk page, and if
that doesn't work, start a meta request for comments.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/RFC

--
John Vandenberg