[Foundation-l] ru-Wikiversuty

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sat Aug 21 22:00:28 UTC 2010

Today, I have been blocked for half a year on ru.wikiversity by an admin,
SergeyJ

http://ru.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%9E%D0%B1%D1%81%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D1%83%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0:Yaroslav_Blanter&diff=37398&oldid=37388

despite the fact that I have never edited Russian Wikiversity.

Is this a normal practice? I remember the story of Russian Wikisource,
when an admin, Ramir, has been speedily desysopped by stewards for blocking
users arbitrarily. But at least these users made some edits. I am not sure
what should I do now since my SUL shows a block in one of the projects.

Note that SergeyJ has been placed by the Arbitration Committee of Russian
Wikipedia under editing limitations for gross violations. I am currently
serving as a member of Arbitration Committee (I was not involved in the
decision on his editing limitations).

Cheers
Yaroslav