[Foundation-l] Problems using pictures from Commons in Blogger - making it more of a stock photo repository

wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 21:34:07 UTC 2010

Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> Blogger is the platform I use now for many years to blog about the subjects
> that are important in my appreciation of a Wiki world. At first I did not
> illustrate my blogposts but thanks to Pfctdayelise I started to pepper my
> blog posts with illustrations.
>
> At this moment it is no longer possible for me to upload pictures to
> blogger. The message that I get is that I have to ensure that I have a
> license for the pictures that I upload. This is true for pictures that I
> have downloaded from Commons and cropped, it is for screen shots of the
> interaction with the Blogger user interface..

What did you do? I don't use blogger myself as I'm damned if I'm going
to give Google (thieving bastards) the time of day. Besides I have two
sites on which I've installed wordpress mu and drupal. But anyway I've
just created a blogger account and had no creating a post with images.
Blogger Blogs that I follow seem to be uploading images too.

Did someone file a DMCA report against your blog?