[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Thu Aug 12 11:46:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:40:37AM +0000, Abbas Mahmoud wrote:
> one thing we should all bear in mind is that there WAS a bidding
> process - and that was the most suitable moment for everyone to
> raise their voices and concerns by challenging the bidding teams
> with whatever questions that we may have in mind.

True. That was a valid point I agreed with when I talked to some
people at Wikimania Poland about this issue.

I wonder if we can do more to publicize the process and to get more
opinions involved. The only thing I'm trying to do is to explain why
Israel is not a good choice, why I cannot get involved and how we can
avoid such a conversation in the coming Wikimanias.

--
Osama Khalid
English-to-Arabic translator and programmer.