[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Wed Aug 11 18:37:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:34:12 +0000, Abbas Mahmoud <abbasjnr at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Assess the following scenario:
>
> If say, i'm in country X planning to go to Israel. And, i go apply for
an
> Israeli visa; but since i'm working in say, Dubai, the Israeli embassy
> stamps my visa in a separate paper. I book my ticket to Haifa and go to
the
> airport. For me to board the airline, the airport authorities in my
country
> X need to scrutinise my documents at the immigration desk. Do you think
> that officer will let me through if the visa isn't stamped on my
passport?
> Doesn't he have the right to deny me passage on grounds that the visa
> hasn't been stamped on a bonafide document(i.e. The passport)?

I am not sure about your scenario. If X does not recognize Israel
obviously you can not fly from X to Israel. If Emirates do recognize
Israel, you can fly from Dubai to Tel-Aviv (Haifa does not have the
airport) and back. Having two Emirates stamps and nothing in between is a
serious problem as far as X is concerned, and I believe it can only be
solved by losing a passport in Dubai prior to traveling to X.

Cheers
Yaroslav