[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 18:27:10 UTC 2010

Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
>> Isn't there supposed to be a boycott?
>>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2006/jun/20/internationaleducationnews.highereducation
>
> This is bullshit. There are always people who for instance never take an
> air flight - should we also complain that they do not have an opportunity
> to travel to Wikimania which is on a different continent?

OH I was just pointing out that there is an academic boycott of Israel,
of course one is at liberty to break or not participate in such, just
like those who turned up at Sun City.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artists_United_Against_Apartheid

One has to decide where one stands on such issues, does one not?