[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Moushira Elamrawy moushirah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 14:26:09 UTC 2010

Abbas: Let us not generalize; it is a complex and complicated matter
about the will/ability to visit Israel if you happen to be a resident
of an Arab or Muslim nation.

I believe the "difficulty" of getting a visa varies from one country
to another, but even with the help of the bidding team, an issue will
remain unresolved, that is: Some countries do not allow persons with
an Israeli stamp on their passports, to enter their borders. The list
includes: Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, UAE, Turkey ..and other
destinations. I am not sure if there are exceptions for this rule in
those countries. It is a complicated situation on political and
ethical levels.
Maybe it remains a personal choice of the participant whether to make
it Haifa or not.