[Foundation-l] IRC meeting to discuss fundraiser

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 10 03:22:49 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to have a meeting on IRC this week to discuss the 2010-2011
annual appeal/fundraiser.  This will be an "anyone is welcome" type
meeting, open to the broad community.  During this, Zack Exley and I
will take you through our inital thoughts about the fundraiser and its
organization, and ask you to join us in a discussion about the
(massive) role of volunteers and chapters in this year's fundraiser.

Because of the vagaries of time zones, scheduling live meetings is
hard.  So, we'll have a couple of potential times, and we'll log and
post the meeting for anyone who wasn't able to make it.

The meetings will be held Thursday, 12 August at 23:00 UTC (16:00 PDT)
and Friday, 13 August at 16:30 UTC (09:30 PDT) in the #wikimedia-
fundraising channel on the freenode network on IRC (irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-fundraising
).  You can access this using freenode's webclient, which is available
at http://webchat.freenode.net/ or by using your favorite IRC client.

Hope to see you there!

Philippe
Philippe Beaudette
Head of Reader Relations
Wikimedia Foundation

philippe at wikimedia.org

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!